Thursday 8 December 2011

Web Teams - an update

Sadly, for a mix of personal reasons and technical issues beyond my control, I have decided to call it a day running WebTeams.co.uk.
WebTeams.co.uk has always been an extremely enjoyable activity alongside both my day-job and bringing up my two children. However, the last three or four days have been particularly hard trying to fix server problems beyond my control.
As part of my efforts to find a solution, I decided that the time has now come to pass it on to a team of full-time web developers who can take football-website provision to the next level. I have watched Pitchero.com grow over the last few years and am very happy to pass the baton onto them. They will work with WebTeams.co.uk users to transfer data to the Pitchero system.
This is not a decision I have taken lightly. I spoke to the lads at Pitchero and then travelled to Leeds to meet with them and visit their offices. I have been very impressed with their setup. Please be patient with them and give them a little time.
The official Pitchero statement will be posted to their blog:
Important: WebTeams.co.uk club Webmasters should click here to view support information and check the status of their website.
If you require support please use this email address: webteams@pitchero.com
Pitchero has a great deal of features that Web Teams does not have, such as forums, video and picture uploads, commenting, the ability to update on any web browser, Twitter integration, links to official leagues etc… Visiting their offices and seeing the enthusiasm and professionalism of their staff also convinced me of their ambition to keep improving.
So a final farewell from me. Having used Web Teams myself for Northern and Wearside league football when I played and as a team coach, I know how important your websites are. I’ve had very little sleep this week trying to make sure everyone is looked after. I am confident that you are migrating to a better system. It’s been an absolute pleasure to run Web Teams since 1999 and see the websites that you have created.
All the very best,
Stephen, Web Teams